Providing R Value Where You Need It Most
Westbrook Concrete Block produces pre-insulated units with KORFIL® or ICON® CMU insulation. Utilizing the inserts in the block significantly improves the thermal efficiency of masonry walls. These two types of insulation are cost competitive with both polystyrene beads and pumped in place cellular foam, but offer several additional advantages including:
- Eliminating the need for on-site labor to insulate masonry walls.
- Insulation R-value does not deteriorate with moisture or aging.
- Allowing space within the cores for the escape of moisture. This space also allows for easy installation of utilities within the wall.
- Can be handled by masons just as easily as un-insulated blocks.
- Cost-competitive when compared to the various other methods used to insulate concrete blocks.
- Have no effect on the fire rating of conventional concrete block walls.
- Improve both the dew-point and sound transmission resistance of ordinary concrete blocks.
Westbrook Block manufactures insulated block in the following finishes: Split face, Ground Face, Ground Face Polished, Polished Texture, Decro Face, Split Rib, and Brick Block.