Providing R Value Where You Need It Most
Westbrook Concrete Block Company produces pre-insulated units with KORFIL® or ICON® CMU insulation. By utilizing these inserts in blocks, there is a major improvement in the thermal efficiency of masonry walls. These two types of insulation are cost competitive with both polystyrene beads and pumped in place cellular foam, but offer several advantages including:
- Eliminate the need for on-site labor to insulate masonry walls.
- Insulation R-value does not deteriorate with moisture or aging.
- Allow space within the cores for the escape of moisture. This space also allows for easy installation of utilities within the wall.
- Can be handled by masons just as easily as un-insulated blocks.
- Are cost-competitive when compared to the various other methods used to insulate concrete blocks.
- Have no effect on the fire rating of conventional concrete block walls.
- Improve both the dew-point and sound transmission resistance of ordinary concrete blocks.
Westbrook can utilize insulation the following CMU: Split face, Ground Face, Ground Face Polished, Polished Texture, Decro Face, Split Rib, and Brick Block.